Friday, June 6, 2008

Blogging again!

Ahh, it's good to be blogging again. I have been quiet for so long I couldn't remember the password for my old blog, nor the email I used to register it... so I've started another one here.

I've recently started a 6 month contract fixing a WPF app that has been using CAB, it's own custom Sync Framework, with a SQL 2005 backend... it's a bit of a mess so I'll be looking at changing the architecture. If Sync is needed, I'll be using the Microsoft Syncronization Framework (currently CTP2). I'm also planning to use NHibernate and Castle Active Record to simplify the DAL and get rid of the custom code-generation that's being done right now.

I plan to blog about this, and also my experiments (and frustration with) LINQ 2 SQL, WPF Data Binding, and other architecture I play with.

If I get any spare time I want to try out the iPhone SDK, since there's a high chance the iPhone will be released here in Australia next week!

Anyway, I'll post more soon.

1 comment:

David Gardiner said...

It's going to be an interesting project!

-dave